Urban Ink Productions is a Vancouver-based theatre Indigenous and Intercultural company that ignites and inspires revolutionary voices that transform our world. We collaborate with artists and communities pushing artistic boundaries through the creation and production of innovative performance works. We are expanding our core team and are looking for a ongoing part-time position to continue serving our community through innovative hip hop theatre workshops, mentorships and other events. Visit www.urbanink.ca for more information.
The Coordinator will manage the delivery of the BOLDSKOOL program and provide general support to management staff in the area of administration, fundraising, and marketing.
The BOLDSKOOL program encompasses 3 core components:
- BOLDSKOOL Workshops – hip hop theatre workshops available to school and community groups.
- BOLDSKOOL Collective – a group of emerging Indigenous and Intercultural artists who are interested in pursuing the Performing Arts, interested in receiving ongoing training by professional and experienced artists. This program is based in the Downtown East Side with a focus on interdisciplinary approach to theatre creation.
- BOLDSCRIPT Writers – this program invites 4 playwrights each season meet and discuss their work throughout the year alongside a dramaturge. New Play development workshops of their new plays are provided through our BOLDSKOOL collective. At the end of the season, each playwright has a staged reading of a work in development.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be an experienced program coordinator, working with youth and professional artists, and have a passion for the arts as a community engagement practice. The Coordinator will be self-motivated, well-organized, use time effectively while handling multiple projects, and have strong skills in building community partnerships.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is accountable to the Artistic Director, General Manager and works in collaboration with Associate Artists of Urban Ink.
- Experience in managing community programs for youth, community-engaged arts programming, and event management.
- Excellent writing and oral skills.
- Skills in administration, fundraising and marketing desirable.
- Interest and passion for the performing arts and Urban Ink’s mandate.
Desk and computer in an open office space, casual working environment, team approach, flexible hours.
This is a contract, $16 per hour, 20 hour per week part-time position.
Criminal Record Check
As an organization working with youth, the successful candidate’s position will be conditional on an acceptable criminal records check.
Anticipated Start Date
February 16th, 2015
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Community Outreach Coordinator Position”, by January 30, 2015.
Urban Ink encourages applications from Indigenous and Intercultural candidates. All applications, regardless of background, will be considered.
Urban Ink is proudly located on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.